1) Happy 50th Birthday Axl Rose!!! For all the haters out there who think Axl is out of shape or has lost his singing voice think again. In December he put on one of the best rock and roll shows I’ve ever seen.
2) Goooo Giants! I know Dave Mescon and Jamie Shapiro are having a great Monday!
3) While I’m definitely not a Madonna fan she put on one hell of a Superbowl halftime show. She still can’t sing but at 53-years-old she danced, lunged, squatted and danced her ass off. In other news, did she steal that headpiece from She-Ra?
4) Cee Lo Green is a badass. With his unique voice and Elton John-esque attire he is an asset to any song, show or concert.
5) MIA – in the post-Janet Jackson/nipplegate world we are living in you showed some serious balls. Loved it.
6) Jerry Seinfeld has aged a little bit but is still as funny as ever.
7) Ladies and gentleman: Clint Fucking Eastwood!
8) Loved the Chevy Silverado “end of the world” commercial – I’ve always wanted one of those.
9) Move over over Faith Hill and Tim McGraw! Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton are now the coolest couple in country music.
10) Kelly Clarkson’s new look has turned her into Zooey Deschanel/Erica Garvey’s twin! I thought she looked great and sounded great. For those who have screwed up singing at sporting events in the past watch Clarkson’s performance again. That’s how you sing the National Anthem.
Dan Ornelas says
I am truly the minority in not liking the half time show. If you go on facebook, even people who I would never think they would like it did. I don’t know, to me it was just a bad lip synced video of an old performer trying to be hip. She had to have current stars with her just to be relevant. I am a big Prince fan, so I am biased, but he put on a great ‘live’ show. Would love to get back to more of that.
P.S. love they blog as always! 🙂
I can see why you were not a fan of the halftime show. I hate watching singers lip sync and unfortunately we are seeing it more and more on live television events. As I said in my blog post I am not a Madonna fan but I thought the show was fun. Especially compared to last year’s horrifying Black Eyes Peas debacle.
Also, Prince is one of the best live concerts I’ve ever seen. He is in a league of his own!
Carly Brown says
The halftime show was entertaining. She needed to lip synch with all that running around….I mean come on, did you really wanna hear her live voice??! No thank you. Great entertainer, not a great singer. She played “Like a Prayer” which is my #1 favorie Madonna song alongside Cee Lo aka Friar Tucksiiies. I guess if Queen Madonna says you will dress like a Monk in drag you betta do it! I thought the commercials were the lamest collection of Superbowl ads I have seen in a while. If you’re only in the market for beer and cars then fine. Clearly they hit their target audience, but I wasn’t so entertained. The only one I really liked was the fat puppy who got into shape, but I had actually already seen it days before. The most entertaining part was afterwards when Mrs. Brady threw her husband’s team under the bus for not making the appropriate plays. Beautiful woman. Potty mouth.
HAHAHAHAHA!!! No, I didn’t really want to hear her sing live and Friar Tucksiiies is the funniest thing I’ve ever read.
Agreed that that Superbowl commercials were sub-par at best – although I did throw out the Silverado commercial as a shout-out to you and your Dad’ old truck I wanted to steal in high school!
Tom Brady is lame – go Eli!