Over the past few weeks it has come to my attention that everyone in Colorado (and possibly the world) loves the fall season. I have had so many people tell me that they can’t wait for fall and that they are ready for summer to be over. When I remind them that fall is just a layover into snow town they say they don’t care and that fall is a beautiful in-between season that they wait for all year.
Don’t get me wrong, I love fall too but I’ve also enjoyed the warmth of summer after the coldest winter I’ve been through since moving to Colorado eight years ago. So since everyone is excited for fall I decided to put together a list of reasons why I’m excited for the next season.
So here we go…in no particular order…
-Watching the leaves change in Colorado should be the eighth wonder of the world.
-Football starts but baseball is still going on.
-The weather is beautiful – not too hot and not too cold.
-People stop looking at me like I’m crazy when I order whiskey.
-New episodes of my favorite shows begin.
-I can wear long sleeve shirts with sandals.
-New albums hit stores/iTunes and they aren’t just “summer songs” with three words and a catchy beat.
-Going to the mountains and taking photos becomes the best weekend activity. (The photo accompanying this post was taken in Minturn, CO in fall 2008).
-Oktoberfest happens in literally every single town in Colorado – it’s like Tour de Oktoberfest!
-The Pumpkin Ale at Bull & Bush makes Rodney very happy.
-It’s a great time of year to travel.
-Hiking with Sedona lasts a lot longer because it’s not 100 degrees.
-September is my birthday month.
-Although the thought of snow right now makes me cringe, snowboarding season is coming soon.
Here is my list regarding why I love Fall:
– I get to wear my flat beige and brown boots again.
– I get to wear my thigh high grey boots.
– I get to wear my long sweaters with leggings and boots.
– I get to wear my 2 new pairs of high heel booties I just got.
– I get to celebrate Laura's birthday.
– I don't have to get pedicures as often because I can wear my boots.
– Maybe I'll get to wear my hair down more often.
– Justin will be able to wear the leather jacket I got him for his birthday last year.
– Maybe I won't die of a heat stroke every day in the kitchen.
– I get to wear my blazers.
– People won't look at me like I'm delusional when I order a hot coffee (since I don't really like iced coffee).
– I can take my precious baby angel Prada leather jacket out of the coat closet.
– Maybe I'll enjoy a nice cup of soup….with my hot cup of coffee.