I’ve recently been listening to a lot of songs that are duets featuring coed collaborators. I’m not sure why this has been happening so much lately but I have found that sometimes coed collaborations make for a better song than two people of the same sex singing together or, for that matter, one person singing by themselves. Would the following list of songs been so well-received if they were recorded with just one voice or two voices of the same sex? You decide.
Here are my top ten:
10) B.o.B. and Hayley Williams – “Airplanes”
9) Sting and Sheryl Crow – “Always On Your Side”
8) Moby and Gwen Stefani – “South Side”
7) Robert Plant and Allison Kraus – “Gone Gone Gone”
6) Jay-Z and Amy Winehouse – “Rehab”
5) Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow – “Picture”
4) John Prine and Bonnie Raitt – “Angel From Montgomery”
3) Kenny Chesney and Grace Potter – “You and Tequila”
2) Don Henley and Stevie Nicks – “Leather and Lace”
1) Johnny Cash and June Carter – “Jackson”
And let’s not forget these collaborations with hook master Rihanna:
“Love the Way You Lie” (Eminem)
“Run This Town” (Jay-Z and Kanye West)
“Live Your Life “ (T.I.)
What coed collaboration would you like to see?
I am loving this list – the only song I’m not familiar with is Angel From Montgomery, and I’m looking it up right now! Picture and You and Tequila both give me goosebumps, and it is worth mentioning that Jackson is almost as amazing with Witherspoon and Phoenix singing it too!:)
Some other favorites of mine are Stan with Eminem and Dido, Broken Strings with Nelly Furtado and James Morrison, Summer Wine with Ville Valo and Natalia Avelon, I’ll Be Missing You with Puff Daddy and Faith Evans, and my all time favorite: Where the Wild Roses Grow with Nick Cave and Kylie Minogue.
Glad you liked the list and that I could introduce you to a new song! “Picture” and “Tequila” give me goosebumps too 🙂 I also love “Stan” with Eminem and Dido and I just listened to “Where the Wild Roses Grow” and really liked it.