On July 11, 2019, when we were almost eight weeks in, I wrote about the top ten most difficult and most rewarding aspects of having a newborn. So, now that we’re almost eight months in, I thought it was time to revisit what it’s like having a new addition to the family.
It’s a new year and we’re moving along. Here are some of the things we’ve learned so far:
10) The work is never done when you have a baby but that’s ok. Teaching is fun – most of the time.
9) Teething is incredibly lame.
8) If you want to remember anything, write it down. Seriously – it’s amazing what you forget.
7) When the baby gets upset, we’ve learned to change what he is looking at or doing. A simple change in perspective benefits everyone.
6) Being exhausted is a state of mind. But, as my mother says, this is a moment in time.
5) Watching him discover new things is amazing – a bouncing ball, snow landing on his nose, a song he recognizes, etc. Everything is new to him. Also, he’s fascinated by Sedona and Zephyr which is really fun to watch too.
4) Once you have a kid you start seeing the world through a different lens.
3) Everyone needs a break.
2) There is nothing like seeing our boy smile and make music of his own (see photo).
1) This really is the adventure of a lifetime.